The new Green Build Gallery project was deemed the airport’s largest expansion project. It sought to extend the current Terminal 1, enhancing the customer service experience for passengers and visitors.
The project scope includes:
- 10 new gates to reduce terminal congestion and provide expanded, more comfortable passenger waiting areas
- Enhanced curbside check-in, allowing passengers to print boarding passes, check baggage and view gate information at an easy-to-use curbside kiosk before entering the terminal
- Dual-level roadway to relieve curb-front traffic congestion by separating arriving and departing passengers
- More security lanes to improve flow of passengers through the terminal
- Expanded concession area providing more dining and shopping options
- Nation’s largest airport USO Center
The project was completed on time and under budget, and has been awarded LEED Platinum certification in 2014. In 2016, this project earned the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure’s (ISI) Envision rating system’s Platinum award. It is the first aviation project to earn this award and the 13th project in North America to receive an Envision rating system award.
Renderings courtesy of HNTB.